Monday, June 24, 2013

Worldwide Church Broadcast Last Night - AMAZING!!!

Sound checking etc
We're you as THRILLED as I was to learn from the Worldwide Church Broadcast last night - entitled "The Work of Salvation"?

I was extremely blessed to be able to participate in the 2,500+ member choir - along with other church members in this area, and more than 1,300 missionaries currently in the MTC.  It was a monumental occasion and, oh, so very "awe" some.

Choir members
We learned that it was being broadcast worldwide - including being translated/broadcast into 57 languages in the lower level of the Marriott Center on the BYU Campus.  Included in the congregation were 173 new Mission President's and their wives - preparing to leave their homes and families, to go to unfamiliar places around the world, to preside over different areas and hundreds of missionaries each, and to serve and love and teach of the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ.

We arrived several hours before the broadcast - to get seated and, then, to rehearse and do sound checks.  I was seated on the very far side of sopranos.  Missionaries are furthest away in this photo.  They were seated first, then, altos, and, finally, sopranos.


Church members arriving
The BYU Marriott Center capacity is 20,900.   By the time the meeting began the center seemed mostly filled to me.  Some of the upper concourses were not occupied - but, the main floor and area seemed mostly full.  Either way - it was a monumental occasion and...many millions of others watched online or from their church buildings locally and around the world.

Nearly filled - and...close to starting time



As numbers increased there was happy chatter around the hall.  But, at once - all became hushed as we arose to our feet in respect and reverence as 10 or 11 members of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles entered the room.  It was one of those life experiences that is deeply meaningful and moving for all in attendance.  As you can see from the photos, I was seated behind them so I wasn't able to see their faces as I would have liked.  Nevertheless, it was a beautiful feeling to be numbered amongst them.

I've wondered if we realize the blessings of the day in which we live.  To have living Prophets to teach, guide and instruct us - is almost beyond comprehension when thought of in perspective of the few thousands of years that man has been on earth.  How 'amazing' to live when the fulness of the gospel has been restored and all the blessings are available to God's children all over the world.  And, how truly blessed we are to have been further instructed and enlightened, last evening, concerning our personal responsibility (and privilege) of sharing these things with our neighbors and friends who would like to know more about God's plan for each of them.

Where did we come from?
Why are we here?
What is going to happen to us after this life?
Is there any way that we can be with our loved ones again?  etc.

There are the pertinent life-questions that missionaries, and members (each of us) can help answer to our friends and loved ones who are searching.

As a church member, simple 'Mormon Mom', living in Utah Valley, Utah, I would like to extend my invitation to any of you who read this blog- to ask me any question you'd like to ask.

I started this site years ago after a prompting that I wanted to do something to uplift and bless others'.  I felt to connect other bloggers who were doing good things - and wanted a place to share messages of value, insights and inspiration.

This site has grown over the years even though I haven't always had the time to keep it up as I would have liked.

I'm a single-parent trying to raise a family as well as do things on-line that I feel to do.  My motives have been to share things that I've found to be of value - in hopes that we can all help and strengthen one another.

I would invite any and all of you who are not members of my faith (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints - also sometimes known as 'Mormons' or "LDS" church) - to ask questions and learn what you can.  I would be happy to answer any of them or to refer you to additional information you seek.

Mormon.org - is a website set-up particularly for those who have questions about us and our beliefs and...God's plan for the happiness of His children.

I have found that true and sincere prayer is the best way to know if the things we're learning are true or not.  I personally invite you to sup at the table of the Lord - and ...seek to know if there are things of greater light and knowledge that can enhance your life, your family, and your eternal perspective.

I share my witness that these truths have changed my life.  I've had many life challenges that have been very hard for me.  I am actually thankful for all I have learned from them... and know that I would not be at peace nor who I am today - had it not been for the teachings of Christ that have changed my heart and my understanding.  Truly, He is the way and the truth and the life.  And, He wants to bless us if we will but turn to Him and seek Him in our daily walk.  I testify of Him.

Much love,
Heidi G.
Provo, Utah  :)