Monday, April 7, 2014

No Greater Joy than to Hear that My Children Walk in Truth

In 3 John 1:4 we read:  "I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth."

Any righteous parent could testify of the truth of this statement.  They could also tell you of the pain and sorrow and suffering when their children stray from the path.

But, today, mine is a message of gratitude and joy for the times when our children do choose right.  We are to feel and express our deepest thanks to the Lord when this is the case.

This morning I received a personal email from my daughter who is serving a mission in the Virginia, Chesapeake mission and currently in North Carolina.  I won't share that personal message but it was one of gratitude for home and family and for the sanctuary that mothers in the home can provide for their children.  We sacrificed MUCH for me to be able to be home with my children.  As a student and follower of Prophetic counsel I felt strongly that that was what I was to do and…I did so in faith.

It wasn't easy to do so as a single-parent, and we had to live without many of the basic things that most around us had.  There were plenty of tears and heartache for us all - and….maybe mostly for me as their mother who wasn't able to 'provide' all the things, opportunities, experiences, and even basics that I wished to.  But, our choice was to put God first, no matter what,  and then trust in Him to help us along the way. And, He did.

Now, as a beloved missionary daughter, and after many miracles that helped her to be able to serve, I can see that all the sacrifices were worth it and all that we had to do without - will or is being made up to us.

My testimony is that if we will always put the Lord first, He will provide the way.  He will give us guidance as to what we are to do personally and specifically in our unique situations.  If that requires sacrifices on our part to do so - we will be blessed.  After all, haven't we been told 'sacrifice brings forth the blessings of heaven."

What we may see as a sacrifice could indeed be our greatest blessing; to strengthen us and to help us to trust in Him and not in anything or anyone else.

Anyway, I'll share my daughter's sweet blog post of today for any who may want to read.  We can all do so much online to help one another.  These inspired technologies can be used for great good and….I encourage all to do so.  --  Sister Amber in Virginia

Heidi
Our little family blog