Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Womanhood: The Highest Place of Honor


“The true spirit of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints gives to woman the highest place of honor in human life. To maintain and to merit this high dignity she must possess those virtues which have always, and which will ever, demand the respect and love of mankind … [because] ‘a beautiful and chaste woman is the perfect workmanship of God.’”  To occupy the highest place of honor places a responsibility on...women to stand as witnesses of God at all times and in all places.  


One of humankind’s greatest blessings is for righteous womanhood to hold “the highest place of honor in human life” and to be “the perfect workmanship of God.” I love to hear my wife, Ruth, and our daughters say, “I am glad I am a woman.” This tells me they have the vision of their divine destiny. Hopefully you will find joy in your womanhood during all stages of your life."    - Elder James E. Faust