Friday, April 1, 2011

Hello Friends:

Hello dear friends,
I want you to know how much I love having you on here.  It's rewarding to be in a safe place and intermingle with so many good women who also face some difficult (and even extreme) challenges - yet strive to do good, raise righteous families, serve in communities, develop gifts and talents, strengthen one another and....endure whatever you're called upon to endure.

As we know, we're living in the last days of time.  Many events will precede the Second Coming of the Savior.  It's a wonderful time to be alive.  President Hinckley often expressed his optimism - knowing more than the rest of us as to what lies ahead. We are to be hopeful and of good cheer as we follow Prophetic counsel.  It will keep us safe.

I strongly encourage you to continue your preparations.  Those include both spiritual and temporal.  I've felt strongly prompted to help in this endeavor (even before I became our ward emergency preparedness person). 

I hope you'll visit our new site All About Preparedness to read Prophetic counsel concerning the last days.  It's inspiring as well as motivating.  I remember hearing many of those teachings first hand (I'm older than many of you) and... have felt strongly to prepare for most of my life. 

Blessings to you.  I hope you'll really watch and listen to General Conference this weekend.  It's one of the greatest blessings we could have on earth; living Prophets who lead and guide!

Heidi G.