Monday, October 3, 2011

Who Does God's Work, Get God's Pay

This poem has come to my mind several times over the past few weeks:
Who does God's work will get God's pay
However long may seem the day
However weary be the way
No mortal hand, God's hand can stay
He may not pay as others pay
In gold or skills or raiment's gay
In goods that perish and decay
But his high wisdom knows a way
And this is sure let come what may
Who does God's work will get God's pay    -author unknown

There is no greater pay than the blessings of the Lord!  I feel that fact deeply and most gratefully.  Spirituality, Peace, Direction, Contentment, Gratitude, etc. are all gifts of the Spirit that come directly from God.  They can fill us with the bread of life when nothing else satisfies.

Certain Conference talks stick out to each of us.  I remember one from 1985 by Elder Robert E. Wells entitled Adventures of the Spirit.  For some reason that message has stayed with me.  He talked about the adventures of the spirit being much more long-lasting and meaningful than any other life adventures we may try to take.  I second that thought.  Nothing else can compensate or even satisfy the deep hungering and longing we all have for truth and the real purposes of life.

As this blog reaches out to many across the world I am deeply gratified to know that the work that I felt prompted to do years ago - is making an impact on others. The blessings have not been financial; but rather spiritual.  And....I feel that I am getting God's pay right now.  I am thrilled beyond words to know that I am part of a work greater than myself and ....an instrument in His hands to lift up hands that hang low and strengthen feeble knees.

You are ALL part of this same great mission; for without all of you we would not have this site.  Thank you for what you do in your homes and families.  Thank you for striving to keep your lives safe and sacred.  Thank you for sharing your personal accomplishments and family struggles with all of the rest of us.  Bless you for striving to do the best that you can amidst unseen opposition and contrary to worldly trends.

May the Lord continue to bless us all in this work of being a light to the world - the actual light being that of our Savior and Redeemer, Jesus Christ. 

Heidi G.