Friday, April 5, 2013

Words about Jesus Christ; from Vickey Pahnke Taylor


From Vickey Pahnke Taylor - we get the following beautiful 
message and words about Jesus Christ.  Thank you, Vickey!!!

"There are no adequate mortal words for sharing my feelings about Jesus Christ, and His loving, perfect Atonement. Here are a few simple thoughts:
1. Easter is a time I revere and in which I joy! How perfect that it comes at the first signs of spring - at least where I live- and I can enjoy the symbolism of the flowers beginning to peek out of the ground, renewed!
2. As a child, my favorite part of Easter was arising early - in darkness- to dress and head to church for the Sunrise Service. After being baptized at age 16 into this Church, I've recalled those Sunrise Service days yearly. I like to get up early and watch the sun come up. What perfect imagery.


3. Jesus Christ is my friend, my blessing, my shepherd, my Savior. His love, while far beyond what I can comprehend in my mortalness, allows me to savor a sampling of how it feels to serve and care about and love other people. I'm so grateful for Him!

4. His names are many - Wonderful, Counselor....... Mostly though, He is MY Savior and MY Redeemer. How amazing that the Atonement is for all the world, and yet for each and every one of us - individually.

5. Jesus Christ is the focus and the means by which I can return to my Father and Mother in Heaven. I'm grateful to know this. I felt it in my heart from the time I was a tiny child. It took me quite some years to find a church that taught what I knew, in my soul, to be true.

6. I say "Amen" to Elder Neal A. Maxwell's words: "The gift of .. the resurrection is so powerful a promise that our rejoicing in these great and generous gifts should drown out any sorrow, assuage any grief, conquer any mood, dissolve any despair, and tame any tragedy." 


7. If you have any questions or concerns, turn to the scriptures and then ask- in faith- that you may receive answers. When we ask in truth, we will be led to truth. It happened to me as a youngster, and the years since have been ardous and long, but beautiful and wonderful - because of the Savior Jesus Christ, who walks in front, protecting and blessing and allowing me to learn.

How grateful I am for Him! How wonderful that we can speak of Him, learn of Him, become - in small ways- like Him!
Happy Easter!"

Vickey can be found blogging at Goodness Matters.  Read more of her uplifting and wonderful messages!