Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Spiritual Gifts and How We Can Increase Them to Bless Others'

One of the greatest blessings in my life has been 'spiritual gifts' from the Lord.  We are all born with at least one and…are then able to increase that number as well as strengthen whatever we've been given.

Our gifts can bring us personal joy and happiness as we use them in selfless service to others'.  It's a win-win either way.

Recently, as as I've worked hard on them, I've been able to use my gifts more poignantly is service to my own and extended family and to my fellow beings.  As I've done so the Lord has given me new insights and ways to help.  It's brought me great joy to be an instrument in the hands of God.

A friend reminded me awhile back that "The BEST thing we can do is to keep ourselves in Harmony with the Lord so that we can be a conduit."

As I've pondered this statement (that now is on a post it in my planner with several other favorite messages) I've come to understand even more deeply how each of us can bless one another for good by our own personal righteousness.  As we seek to be more pure and holy, obedient and submissive to God, we are blessed, strengthened and in-tune to His will.  The affects of that are that we are then able to say and do things that help others - because we're in tune with truth.

The opposite is also true and those who say that their lives are their own and they can do whatever they want - are wrong.  We affect one another.  And, we were all placed on this planet at this time for a reason.  Nothing is ever by chance.  We are here to see if we'll help one another and use all our gifts for His purposes - and not our own.

Thank you to all of you who are striving to do good.  It blesses my life to read and hear about humble people who are sincerely trying to raise their families in truth and righteousness as they serve the Lord and strive to keep all of His commandments.

What a great blessing to know these things.  I am eternally grateful for truths.  They bless my life daily and …..I've often had to work hard to attain to them but it's been worth every struggle and every 'overcoming'.

Read more about Spiritual Gifts