Friday, June 27, 2014

Right is Always Right - even if No One is Doing it!

Years ago as a college student at BYU I remember one Sunday service that changed my life.  I don't know that the life-change was drastic - it's just that the speaker said something that has stayed with me and...been a reminder I've needed many times in life.

He said "Right is always right even if no one is doing it and...wrong is always wrong even if everyone is doing it!"

I suppose that it was just what I needed at the time - as I was surrounded by peers of all walks of life and from a variety of backgrounds.  Each of them had differing levels of understanding about gospel principles and, hence, often different levels of commitment.

Having been reared in a God-fearing LDS home, by parents of 'Pioneer Heritage' who loved the Lord and sought to follow the Prophets, - I guess I thought that everyone else did too.

But, I've learned over life - to know that we all have different things to overcome, unique trials, and...a variety of gifts and talents that we can use to bless and strengthen one another (or not.)

I'm grateful for the Lord's plan of Happiness which is that if we follow Him - we'll have everlasting life and...eternal joy.  There is no other way.

So, even if no one is doing what is 'right' (think of all the early Prophets who were often alone in their beliefs) we know that we MUST!  For...that is the ONLY way back to Him.  And...I LONG for that day and am trying to do all I can and to become all He knows I can become - so that I may enjoy those blessings and be of better service to my fellow beings!