Monday, February 23, 2015

Women and the Priesthood

Today we feature a guest blogger, Kaitlyn of "Plain and Simple Joy". You'll love her.  She's very sweet as well as grounded, positive, hard-working, hopeful and...focused on the good in the world.

A few weeks ago she wrote a beautiful piece about her coming to an understanding of the differing roles of men and women; and the gifts we each have as part of our mortal responsibility, work, and learning.  She entitled it "Thoughts on LDS Women and the Priesthood" and we link to it today in hopes that you'll read it and ponder on it's significance.

I'm sorry to say that it's taken me so long to get this posted but...I know that all things happen for a reason and...that timing makes a difference.  I've spent the past two weeks caring for my elderly mother in the hospital and now in a rehab center and...I just haven't been able to get online to post this before now.

I hope you'll all find it as 'food for thought'.  I am grateful that Katelyn was so prayerful in her journey to understanding.  That idea; of being thoughtful and prayerful as we all seek to learn truth, is a concept and blessing applicable to us all.


In her own words about her blog she writes:
I'm Kaitlyn. In a world so focused on the bad, there is so much good to be found. This blog documents my quest to find the joy in the plain and simple things that surround me. I recognize that all of my joy is a result of my faith in Jesus Christ.

You may also enjoy this powerful article she wrote about true beauty and some hard lessons she learned during her own search for understanding as a teenager.  It's worth the read and...the share!!! 
From Loathing to Loving

Thanks, Kaitlyn, for bringing a bit of that joy and your quest for it - to the rest of us!