Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Put aside the things of this world......


We're just headed out of town for a few days but I thought I'd get this posted sooner than later. These are a few of the personal notes I took from our recent worldwide General Conference. I've been pondering on these things which help in my personal growth and 'overcoming'. I find that when I focus on these things; the things that matter most, all other things fall in to place.
I'm deeply grateful for spiritual guidance and treasures from above. I know we have a loving God, who is our Father. He sent us here to learn and grow and decide, for ourselves, if we'll follow Him. We walk by faith but He has not left us alone. He's given us Prophets to lead and guide us and show us the way. 
I know for myself that as I follow their counsel I find greater peace and happiness, and treasures of knowledge. I esteem these truths greater than life itself.
My hope and prayer is that we will all turn to Him and renew our commitment to live wholesome and good, clean lives, be honest in our dealings with our fellowman, love our neighbors and treat our own families with kindness and respect.
Heidi




  • “I hope the sisters understand the spiritual treasures that are theirs in the temple.” 
  • “Emma was counseled to ‘lay aside the things of this world and seek the things of a better’ and to hold fast to her covenants with God…’this is my voice unto all.’
  • How I yearn for you to understand that the restoration of the Priesthood is just as relevant to you as a woman as it is to any man….”
  • “...covenant-keeping women...have access to . . . “all the spiritual blessings/treasures the Lord has for His children.” ..direct access to the power of God.” 
  • “The heavens are just as open to women who are endowed with God’s power flowing from their priesthood covenants as they are to men who bear the Priesthood. I pray that truth will register upon...your hearts...because I believe it will change your life….you have the right to draw liberally upon the Savior’s power….
  • “How do I draw the Savior’s power into my life?” The Holy Ghost will be your personal tutor….
  • I invite you to study prayerfully Section 35 of the Doctrine and Covenants….
  • ...put aside many things of this world….examine your life meticulously and regularly…
  • ...consecrating your life to the Lord
  • Sisters...society’s guardians of morality… we are not of the world; we are covenant Israel
  • As a righteous, endowed Latter-day Saint woman, you speak and teach with power and authority from God….we need your voice teaching the doctrine of Christ.
  • Your prayers, fasting, time in the temple, and family history work will open the heavens to you. 
  • *I entreat you to study prayerfully all the truths you can find about priesthood power….
  • All our efforts to minister...proclaim...perfect...redeem...converge in the holy temple….where you will receive your highest spiritual treasures.  
  • ...greatest of all blessings, ...eternal life. 
  • I would like to leave a blessing upon you, that you may understand the priesthood power with which you have been endowed…

Closing Remarks: Pres. Nelson
-Individual worthiness requires a total conversion of mind and heart to be more like the Lord….to be a holier person
-Each home can become a true sanctuary of faith…
-The crowning jewel of the Restoration is the holy temple. It’s sacred ordinances and covenants are pivotal to preparing a people who are ready to welcome the Savior at His Second Coming.
-...become more holy...walk on the covenant path in a higher and holier way….
-..with the Lord’s help, nothing is impossible….
-General Conference next April will be different than any previous conference. In the next six months I hope that every member will prepare for a unique conference that will commemorate the very foundations of the restored gospel. (then he lists some ways to prepare)
-I leave with you my love and blessing that each of you may become happier and holier with each passing day…..

Holiness and the Plan of Happiness, Pres. Eyring
My prayer for today is that I may help you understand that greater happiness comes from greater personal holiness…..  Qualifying for the gift of holiness requires humility, meekness, and patience.